tcnj

TCNJ Faculty & Staff Campaign FAQs

Why should I give?

Not only do you have an impact on the lives of our students through your daily service, but you also can play an important role in the overall growth and development of The College through your financial support. As a TCNJ faculty or staff member, you have the unique opportunity to give back directly to the programs and people you support every day.

By participating in the TCNJ Faculty and Staff Campaign, you send a meaningful message that we are willing to support our students before asking others to do the same.  This is especially important when The College applies for grants, as foundations and corporations routinely inquire about faculty and staff giving. It is the power of participation.

Where can I give my gift?

Over 150 of your colleagues already give to TCNJ’s Annual Fund, which provides support for the student scholarship program. Annual Fund gifts enable TCNJ to fund areas of greatest need and take advantage of unexpected opportunities that will benefit TCNJ students.  Gifts to the Annual Fund also support initiatives such as the library, athletics, and innovative academic programs that are vital to the spirit of the College. Giving a gift is a personal decision, so please feel free to designate your gift to the school, program, scholarship, or area that is important to you.

How can I give?

No matter which way you choose to give, please know that your support makes a difference and is always appreciated.

Payroll Deduction Form
This is probably the easiest and most convenient way to give. You can designate a certain dollar amount from each paycheck to be donated to the TCNJ Faculty and Staff Campaign.

Outright gift

If you prefer, you can make a one-time gift with your personal check or credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Personal property, real estate, securities, etc

Please contact the Office of Development to get more information about making a special gift to The College.

Can I change my payroll deduction once I begin?

Absolutely.  Please download the payroll deduction form or contact the Office of Development to request your change.  You may use the form to increase, decrease, discontinue, or change the designation of your gift. Changes will take up to two pay periods to take effect.

Is the Faculty and Staff Campaign the same as the NJ Employee Charitable Campaign?

No, the TCNJ Faculty and Staff Campaign is separate from the “United Way” Campaign that the campus is involved in every fall. The "United Way" Campaign offers you the opportunity to give to numerous charities in addition to the College.  The Faculty and Staff Campaign allows you to contribute 100% of your gift to TCNJ. 

How will my gift be recognized?

All faculty and staff gifts made prior to the end of the fiscal year (June 30) will be listed in that year’s TCNJ Report of Gifts published online.  Requests for anonymity are honored.

How do I find out more about TCNJ’s Employee Campaign?

Contact the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs in Green 211 at extension 2185