Alumni Leadership Awards
The College of New Jersey Alumni Association invites nominations for the following awards:
The premier award given by the Alumni Association is granted to a living alumnus/a who:
- has achieved exceptional success in work and/or community;
- has demonstrated a sustained association with the College since graduation, including support to the Alumni Annual Fund;
- graduated fifteen or more years prior to nomination;
- is not currently employed by The College of New Jersey or its affiliated organizations.
Distinguished Service Award
Recognizes an alumnus/a who has provided exceptional service to the College, his/her class, the Alumni Association, and/or the College’s students.
Recognizes an alumnus/a who has shown exceptional public-spiritedness or concern for human welfare through philanthropic activities.
Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame
Deadline: December 15, 2012
The premier award given by the TCNJ Alumni Association and the Departments of Alumni Affairs and Athletics. Criteria:
- made significant contributions to the sport(s) in which they participated, as evidenced by minimum recognition as All Conference performer or equivalent (a waiver may be granted in extraordinary cases such as premature ending of career due to injury or similar situation);
- have demonstrated a sustained association with college since graduation.
- graduated ten or more years prior to nomination.
Coaches with five years or more service may also be nominated one year or more after retirement from the College. Coaching achievements must be officially recorded in the athletic office and team(s) must have achieved success at the state/regional level or beyond (e.g. conference championship, NCAA regional coach of the year).
Award Nomination Form
Nominations should be sent to:
Alumni Athletic Hall of Fame Committee
Office of Alumni Affairs
PO Box 7718
Ewing, NJ 08628-0718
Scan or email nomination to: email@example.com
Distinguished Musician Alumni Award
This annual award is selected by the Department of Music full-time faculty, recognizing an alumnus/a who has made significant achievement in:
- the art of music as a performer, composer, or scholar; OR
- music education either as an educator or through service to the field of music education; OR
- in the promotion of music through community service, professional organizations or entrepreneurial activities.
Candidates for the award must have graduated ten or more years prior to nomination and may not be currently employed by The College of New Jersey or its affiliated organizations.
Download Musician Alumni Award Nomination Form
Electronic nominations may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.